There are so many things you don’t see on my blog when you stop by to read my posts. Of course you stop in to see nicely edited pictures of my home tours, parties, and decorating ideas. However, no one has a house that is magazine ready. There are kids living in my home. Two messy teens to be exact. We are a family of four that act like any other family. Today I’m revealing some facts about me that you may not know.
The Person Behind the Blog
- I am not good at doing laundry. I don’t mind doing the laundry or even folding it for that matter. Then the clean laundry just sits in piles in baskets or on the kitchen table. The kids just grab their stuff from there and I really don’t enforce that they take it to their rooms. Ugh laundry!!!! We are always clean and ironed, but usually not put away. If you come to my house you will see clean laundry sitting around.
- I go to Target almost every weekday. It is really sad and embarrassing for my kids when we go in there and all the workers speak to me by name. It’s just so easy for me to stop in after dropping my son off at school. It is a mile from my house. I don’t like carrying a lot of drinks at one time so I will get what we need and then go back the next day and get more. My husband drinks A LOT of drinks.
- I have help with the weekly cleaning of my home. Those of you who are doing it all, That is amazing. I will admit I can not do it all myself. I love having help. Not only is my housekeeper amazing and keep things just right in our house, she loves us like we are family. This works for our family. Whatever is working for your family, keep doing it. We love to have the weekends to spend quality time together and this helps us do just that.
- Yes, I have a pink office. I love working in my office, It makes me so happy. I have all my stuff in there. It is really a guest room, but I have my desk and materials in there and I call it my office. If you have your own work space you can call your own you know how special that is. Plus, I love if I’m working on a project I can leave all my stuff out and not have to clean everything up at the end of the day.
- I am obsessed with keeping the kitchen countertops clean. I don’t like any piles on the counters. I also have a two tone kitchen. I have one very forgiving counter and one solid one that is horrible to keep clean. We moved into this home when it was 2 years old. I would have never picked this myself. It shows every imperfection. If you even touch it, it will leave fingerprints. So I battle the counters all day.
- I listen to music when I write. I always have a playlist going when I prepare my posts. Of course it is different from the vibe of the one I use for working out. It is uplifting, more of a slower paced playlist for writing. Calm music helps me stay focused while writing. I have no musical talent, but it has always been a passion of mine.
- My teacup Maltese Cupi is always with me when I’m working. She would prefer that I work on my bed so she could curl up on my neck. Yes, I said my neck. Weird I know, but she only weighs five pounds. Plus she is like a little built in scarf for me. If I’m in my office she lays in the sun so she is in the room with me. She is the best employee ever.
- I keep my house very cold year round. My family actually says we could hang meat in our house. I don’t believe that, but when people come over they do reach for the blankets. I have blankets everywhere in my house. I love it cold, but I love snuggling up in the blankets too.
- I work on a computer screen that is completely cracked. My son accidentally stepped on my computer and I have never had it fixed. I’m kind of used to it now. I just ignore it. I even travel with it and people look at me weird, but I say until I can’t see the screen anymore this will do just fine.
- I LOVE blogging. It is exactly what I’m supposed to be doing. Writing about decorating and entertaining makes me energized. I don’t think of it as work. I had been looking for a creative outlet and this fills that void. I’m getting better at the business side of blogging, but I still need help with that and that’s ok.
I hope you learned a little bit more about me and some of my quirks. For more info about me check out My Favorite Books of All Time, 25 Facts About Me, and How I Feel about turning 40. It’s important that you know who is writing the blog. I like doing posts like this every once in a while so you get to know the real me. Tell me a cool fact about you. I love learning about my readers. Lets see how many comments we can get.