My cousin challenged me to make this list 2 months ago and I blew it off. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to narrow my faves down to 10. Not only am I an avid reader, but I’m also a reading specialist. When I started my blog I knew I was going to eventually sit down and force myself to come up with that list. It took me quite some time, but here goes. I had to think about fiction, non fiction and even break it down more into categories like Young Adult books. But I think this list is a good representation of some of my favorite books of all time.
Top Ten Favorite Books
- The 5 Love Languages and (The 5 Love Languages for Teens) By: Gary Chapman (NF)
- The Happiness Project– By: Gretchen Rubin (NF)
- Look again- Lisa Scottoline (F)
- A Fault in Our Stars- John Green (F)
- The Hunger Games Triliogy– Suzanne Collins (F)
- The Twilight series -Stephanie Meyers (F)
- The DaVinci Code – Dan Brown (F)
- Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas -James Patterson (F)
- The Giver – Lois Lowry (F)
- Tripping the Prom Queen – Susan Barash (NF)
Most of these books you have probably heard of or can easily find. I wanted to give you a little info on the Prom Queen book. I think every mother and older teen should get a copy. I literally keep it by my bed in case I need to reference back to it with answers to my daughter’s questions. It talks about women’s relationships from an early age right into adulthood. It is so fascinating when you understand the female dynamic you’re not as shocked when things don’t turn out the way you expected. I don’t think it’s a good idea to teach our daughters to be cynical, but I think we need to teach them to be a little more careful with whom they share their inner most thoughts.
Let me know what you think. Are any of these your faves too? Did I surprise you with any of my choices? Let me know a couple must reads from your top ten list. It’s harder then you think to sit down and make this list.