Spring is here guys and the outdoor chores are soon going to be added to our already full plates. I love being outside in that gorgeous weather, but then I have to deal with the pool, and the yard work and all the other things that go along with spring and summer. I bet you guys do a big spring cleaning to get your home and yard ready. If you feel overwhelmed with all this extra work there are several things you can do to fake a clean home.
I decided this year to use my winter months wisely. If you’re like me, You’re kind of cooped up inside and that means you’re looking at everything that needs to be done in the house. I have been organizing my attic and home this winter so when spring comes I could solely focus on all things outdoors (which to me is kind of fun.) We are currently in the process of building an outdoor kitchen and fire pit area and I am so thrilled to be adding these cool entertaining areas to our back yard (more on this in later posts to come).
So lets get into what things you can do to fake a clean house. My daughter just attended her boyfriend’s ring dance and the kids came here to take pictures. Of course I wanted the down stairs to look nice in the areas where they were going to take pictures. So here are some things I did to make sure the house was in great shape.
- MAKE SURE THERE IS NOT CLUTTER- Our desk area in the kitchen is a place where papers and little items seem to congregate. I made sure that each item was either thrown away or was put in its proper place. Don’t just throw things in the drawers because you will then have to take care of them at another time and things just start to pile up.
- USE BASKETS IN YOUR HOME IN HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS-. My kids are older and don’t have toys in our home, but I do have a son that is very into his shoes. So in our mudroom, I have a large basket for the shoes that stay downstairs. It looks so much nicer to have the shoes contained in one place. Everyone can find them easily in the morning and no one is tripping over them in the kitchen anymore.
- USE TRAYS TO ORGANIZE YOUR DECORATIONS- Trays are great for keeping all your decorations together and organized on your ottomans and coffee tables. Plus, there are some really beautiful ones that can really pull your decor and style together. They also limit the amount of things you can place on them so you’re not tempted to over decorate.
- HAVE FRESH FLOWERS PLACED AROUND YOUR HOME- Fresh flowers add so much to a room. They are fragrant and give such a polished elegant look to your home. You can’t go wrong with fresh flowers. For a cheaper option, go with store bought flowers and make your own arrangements.
- LIGHT A CANDLE- When I go into a hotel or someone’s home that smells fresh or of baked goods, I automatically think it is a clean home and I want to spend more time there.
I hope some of these tips can help get you through some of your special events or when someone says they’re stopping by in 30 minutes and you need to straighten your home up quickly. Do you have any tips that could help us? Leave a comment down below and let us know a tip to create a clean house in a jam.